Who can become a member?
We are pleased to learn that you are interested in our Association.
VDA members are companies, and not individual people. A prerequisite of VDA membership according to § 4 para. (2) of our constitution is that your company has a manufacturing or R&D site within the Federal Republic of Germany. A distribution center is not sufficient as eligibility for membership.
Your company can become an ordinary member of the VDA if it either:
- Manufactures vehicles and their engines, trailers, bodies or buses, or vehicle parts or accessories
- Supplies products, software, or services for vehicles and their engines, trailers, bodies, buses, vehicle parts or accessories, or
- Provides specific services for the automotive industry.
Your company can become an extraordinary member of the VDA if it either:
- Manages a company in another branch of the transport sector
- Is closely related to a company in another branch of the transport sector as a result of its business operations, or
- As a foreign company within a branch of the transport sector carries out a major part of its business operations in Germany.
The membership fee is dependent on the number of employees in your company.
If you are a start-up and interested in becoming a member of the VDA, we offer the benefits of membership at a specially reduced rate.
As part of your ordinary membership of the VDA your company automatically becomes a sponsor in the Donors’ Association. This Association is a joint initiative of companies and foundations, who advise, network, and promote learning, science, and innovation. Further information is available online from: https://www.stifterverband.org/. As a donor your company supports the Association with a levy, the amount of which is dependent on the number of employees in your company, and for which your company will receive a receipt for tax purposes.